Saturday, May 5, 2012

I Feel Good..!

Hello folks, how are you? This week has been the very opposite of the last, being sunny and hot. I was able to bag some really interesting critters to show you.





I'll start off with the birds. The tiny one you see below was completely new to me. Does any one know what that little bird is? 
   



















And here is a Red-vented bulbul perched on the TV antenna.

Red-vented Bulbul (Pycnonotus cafer)

This one is a female Asian Koel.


Asian Koel (Eudynamys scolopaceus )


A female Purple-rumped sunbird is in the bag too.


Purple-rumped Sunbird (Leptocoma zeylonica)

This Boulenger's Bronzeback snake used to come to a   Citrus tree in the garden every day and lay still on a branch for hours, but it has been absent for two days now.


 Boulenger's BronzebackBronzeback,Dendrelaphis bifrenalis



This Oriental garden lizard was on the trunk of a mango tree in the garden next door.


Oriental Garden Lizard(Calotes versicolor)

I also photographed and filmed a millipede, a considerably  big specimen for this area.








This orb Weaver that I asw in the gardening was really small. Can any body provide me with the species name please?


Agriope sp




This Peacock Pansy was filmed in the garden today.




I didn't know that Weaver ants were such interesting creatures till  a local news paper published an article about them  recently. visit this link and see for yourself.


Weaver ant (Oecophylla smaragdina)



I saw a bug dragging a spider way too bigger, as I was working on one of my vegetable plants in the garden. I don't know weather the bug killed the spider or it just came across the carcass,    but I think the latter is more likely.



There are some caterpillars on my Winged bean plants . They don't do much damage to the plants, and I'm waiting to see what they develop in to.


Okay, that's about it, hope you would enjoy. Stay tuned, and wish me luck, I'll be posting again next Friday. Ciao!

Posted for Camera Critters, Macro Monday, World Bird Wednesday

Best Posts

21 comments:

  1. Great snake - love to have one in the garden, been looking at the local college today but really hard to find, not very many of them in this part of the world.

    Cheers

    Davo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips for inexperienced blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.
    Also see my website > milton keynes landscaping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. you did take photos of some great critters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos. I don't like snakes, but I love how you captured the snake in the tree. The lizard was pretty cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! They sort of creep me out, but even the millipede looks kind of pretty all coiled up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your photos! I posted about a snake today also, although not nearly as exotic as yours! The birds, all the wildlife...a wonderful way to experience a different part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow , your birds and critters" are all just wonderful and so exotic. The first bird, the one you don't know, actually looks more like a bird I might see here than any of the others -- he's very sweet and shy compared to the rest of them which are so flamboyant!

    the picture of that millipede is really really charming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome captures.

    The Cardinal, is my critter this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - amazing shots of birds, snake and spider. That millipede curled up is a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amzing shots all of them! So many beautiful specimen!
    I'm very grateful that you show me the srilankian wilderness! i have two very dear friends from Sri LAnka, and now I know more about their home country :) Thank you!
    Enjoy a beautiful day :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post!!!
    Amazing photos you've done!!!
    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shots! How lovely to see the wildlife from your country!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful post to see... your wildlife is amazing.
    Fantastic images and video Amila.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very interesting series of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am certain I would be experiencing WAY TOO MUCH CAMERA SHAKE getting that close and personal to some of those bugs! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello there, thanks for stopping by and giving feedback,I'll be visiting yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved seeing your excellent photos of your local wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful collections of beautiful animals :-) loved the birds, so pretty indeed! Dropping by from Camera Critters

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, It is great to have your feedback! If you ask any question,I will try my best to answer,pleas subscribe to comments thread so that you wil know when I have answered.