Monday, April 18, 2011

Two Very Religious Bugs.......

The green color Praying Mantis below was inside the house at night last Friday,when I quickly took a photo. He was still in on following morning, so I scooped him up on a newspaper and put him on a Pomegranate tree and took another photo. Just as I was getting back inside, I saw the brownish one on a window grill. Talk about coincidence!  I clicked on him right then too,and again inside the house at night on the same day. Not only they differed in color but also in size, the green one was about four inches from head to the end of abdomen,while the other was roughly one fourth of it. 

Posted for Macro Monday.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. the first one is great, an alien looking straight at you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... kinda cool but kinda creepy!!good catch. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liked the title you gave this post. :)

    i've heard the brown ones are much more aggressive than the others. we get both here in Texas too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots of the Praying Mantis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man I love those insects! I haven't seen one in my yard yet, but I know they are around. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful shots of these fascinating creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photos. The green one is particularly magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite bug - I've loved it since I was a child. They are so unusual looking. I've never seen a brown one, only the green. My Mother would tell me never to harm them because they're good luck. So - Good Luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't they terrific?! Great shots. Did you know the female eats the male after they mate?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos of the praying mantis... love the first shot... oh goodness Jenn Jilks that really sounds quite gruesome...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that green one looks big! I think they must be praying for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello friends,Huge thanks for all the feedback!:)

    Jenn,Really? Like spiders? :-O

    ReplyDelete

Hello, It is great to have your feedback! If you ask any question,I will try my best to answer,pleas subscribe to comments thread so that you wil know when I have answered.